Friday, January 25, 2008

Crazy Story

I just thought I should share this crazy story. Yesterday morning I got up with the kids and was getting them breakfast when I noticed. A deer right outside our patio door laying in the snow. I told the kids to come see. When she noticed us she got up and walk away. I noticed she was bleeding a little. It look like it was coming from her behind, on the left side of her tail. She was acting fine and eating off the bushes and just hanging out. I called my sister and she said maybe the deer is in heat or having a baby. So I thought I should call someone. I called a few numbers in the phone book and they were going to charge me 500-700 dollars to come get the animal. So I decided to scare her off by slamming the patio door a few times. I scared her away and didn't see her again the rest of the day. This morning I woke up to see the deer once again laying in the same spot. I started slamming the door and knocking on the window but she wouldn't budge. I finally got a plastic chair and threw it next to her. She got up but didn't run away as she got up I noticed her Bowels were hanging to her knees (no lie). There was blood all over the snow where she was laying. I knew she was in great pain and going to die. I called my mom and she said call the police they work with animal control. I did this and they came over. My brother in law and the police walked over to the deer and she got up and walked over the the neighbors yard. An
hour later the police called to tell me the animal was dead and wildlife were coming to remove the body. It was crazy. Poor deer. Anyway just thought I'd share. If you have any crazy stories and want to share that would be nice cause Im starting to think this kind-of stuff only happens to me.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

Oh my goodness Camie. That is too crazy. Poor deer is right, but poor you too..having to witness something like that. AUGH! I would've been freakin out.

candy_girl10 said...

That is so sad. I am an animal lover and if i saw that i would ball my eyes out.